Sunday, September 4, 2011

Somebody turns 4 today!!!

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Miles! Happy Birthday to you! I cannot believe that 4 years ago today I was holding Miles in my arms for the very first time. I was gazing into his dark big brown eyes. I was enjoying his little whimpers and cries. I was admiring his mouth, his nose, the shape of his face. His adorable little body all bundled up in swaddling blankets. I remember how skinny and long his little legs were, and how the skin just hung off of them, all wrinkly from basting in amniotic fluid for 9 months. He sure was a cutie patootie. I was absolutely smitten with him from the second I saw him.
Through the years he has brought JOY to me that I didn't know existed. I remember the first time he said "mama" and "I love you." I remember his first steps, and how he learned how to jump!
Miles is tender hearted, sweet, loving and caring. I remember hearing him say to Maxwell when he was little "don't worry little buddy. I'm gonna take good care of you." Miles is the sunshine of my day and a reminder of just how big and vast, deep and wide, and how high God's love is for me. Miles, my sweet little man. I am looking forward to next year and all that it will bring!

No comments: